Hi everybody, my name is Chris, I am a German wedding blogger (Ein Hochzeitsblog) and I am very excited to share a little DIY on this beautiful blog with you today! I love crafting and I hope you enjoy creating these small pinwheels, maybe as a favor and/or place cards for your wedding guests.
Here is what you need for your little paper-wheels:
medium weight paper (a little bit thicker than normal copy paper)
the names of your guests printed on heavy-weight paper or card stock
optional: small clothespins
These are actually very easy to make, if you know just one little thing (btw – I learned this from Happy Go Wedding). Forget everything else about crafting pinwheels, and remember this magical formula:
That’s the relation of width and length of the paper you have to cut. So if you want to create small pinwheels like I did here, you will need a piece of paper 3 cm wide and 22,5 cm long.
1. Use your set square and the bone folder to mark the folding lines, about half a centimeter apart.
2. Fold the paper like an accordion
3. Glue it together – now it looks like a lampshade.
4. Press it flat and attach the paper strip with the name on it. Hold it tight for a while, until it is firmly glued on. It will maintain the paper flat.
5. If you want, you can attach a clothespin on the back and put your little artwork on a drinking glass or – like here – on a small vase.
That’s it! I hope you love my small idea. I really love weddings where you can find hand-crafted details… They don’t have to be perfect – but they are always made with love. And isn’t that the most important thing?!