When you guys read this, I am going to be on my way to the airport.
Becaaaauuuuse….. drumroll…. I am going to Berlin today where I will be attending The Hive, a European blog conference! I expect to meet lots of bloggers from very different sectors, all there to learn, network and have a good time.
My good friend Johanna will be there, too (check out her craft blog, it’s amazing), and I am really excited see her, to see Berlin again (it’s such an inspiring city), and to meet all the others. Yay! You can follow my trip on Instagram, hashtag #hive13.
So, it’s Friday DIY roundup day, and today’s theme is watercolors. The painterly look has been a trend in weddings for while now, and I still love it. After Monday’s inspiration board, which included some gorgeous watercolor escort cards, I knew I wanted to dedicate an entire post to this fun way of bringing color to your wedding.
I have selected 10 easy DIYs with water-based paints, including the most popular techniques (dip-dye, abstract, with crayons, etc.) that you might like and maybe inspire you to come up with your own version of one of the projects.
Happy crafting, my belles!
2. Dip-died gift tags from Sodapop Design.
3. More dip-dye, this time for a white ribbon, from Hey Look for Ruffled. The result is beautiful, check out the whole tutorial, it includes some awesome printables, too!
4. Lovely pattern ideas from Corynn Chan to make handmade stationery.
5. Wax resists watercolor. That’s the basic idea behind this Valentine’s card from Oh My Deer Handmades. Lovely project.
6. Another dip-dye project, this time a thank you note. From Boda Bella (that’s my Spanish blog, by the way).
7. Coffee filter heart garland from Warm Hot Chocolate. Great backdrop for a sweet table or maybe even the ceremony.
10. Clever! Watercolor sticky labels. Color them first and then print on top. From Emily Burnette’s Recipe for Cute.